POLPORA Kościuszko II
POLPORA Kościuszko II. Men’s automatic watch from the Heritage collection.
Keyword: thoroughly traditional
The Kościuszko II men’s watch is a Polpora model from the Heritage collection. This time it is marked not only by a reference to the Polish history, but also by the unusual complexity of the movement. Kościuszko II is the first jumping hour watch in the history of the manufacture. In addition, its appearance refers to the timepieces from the era in which wrist watches started to replace pocket watches.
Kościuszko II is an improved version of the watch from 2017, which enjoyed huge popularity and sold out within a few months. The characteristic case with a 42 mm diameter contains a high-class Dubois Depraz 14400 automatic movement, based on the proven ETA 2892-A2 with Top (Luxe) adjustment, equipped with an unusual module showing the jumping hour in the small window. The system of movable lugs fixing the strap enables to comfortably fit the watch case to both narrow and thicker wrists.
A treat for enthusiasts of classic design is the ornament in the shape of a sub-dial, known from historical timepieces. The watch refers to the Kościuszko tradition also with the shape and color of the minute hand center, reminiscent of scythemen’s caps. The watch dial looks intriguing thanks to the porcelain finish effect, which refers to the watches from the period, and the recessed sub-dial emphasizes its sublime design. The watch looks great on the wrist thanks to the dark brown stylized crocodile leather strap, with bright stitching and blue decoration on the sides and the inner side – inspired by the clothing of Tadeusz Kościuszko soldiers. The diamond-shaped center of the minute hand also resembles the characteristic caps of the scythemen formation – units whose originator was Tadeusz Kościuszko.
Furthermore, the movement complexity will satisfy even the most demanding connoisseurs of watchmaking. It is worth focusing especially on the vertical order of the dial – from the general to the particular – starting from the most important function – the hour dial, through the minute hand, and ending with the delicate small second hand.
The combination of a traditional minute hand and a small second hand with a jumping hour in the window ensures not only the perfect legibility, but also the pleasure of communing with a well-designed product. Minute markers in shimmering navy blue color are also visible in the hour markers. The navy blue shimmer is visible in the luminous reflection of the minute and second hands.
The unique, limited edition of only 100 watches pays tribute to the great hero.
MOVEMENT / FUNCTIONS
- Swiss Dubois Depraz 14400 movement based on the ETA 2892-A2 with a unique module – jumping hour complication
- Top (Luxe) automatic movement and premium finish
- Ornate movement and rotor made especially for POLPORA
- Impact-protection incabloc system, 27 jewels
DIAL / HANDS
- White with porcelain finish effect
- Blue minute and hour markers
- Lowered and profiled second hand dial
- Meticulously worked hour dial
- Shimmering navy blue and red hands with luminous metal effect
- Diamond-shaped center of the minute hand refers to the shape of scythemen’s caps
- Polished and satin 316L stainless steel
- “Capsa” fixing system of case lugs – enabling their mobility
- Case diameter without the crown: 42 mm
- Water resistance: 5 ATM (50m)
- The onion-shaped, stainless steel crown, signed with a deeply engraved logo
BEZEL / CASE BACK
- Anti-reflective sapphire glass (case back and dial)
- Glazed case back engraved with a limitation number
- Natural crocodile leather in dark brown color, with white and blue stitching
- Stainless steel clasp