POLPORA Zawisza Czarny
Rely on it like on Zawisza.
The first automatic POLPORA watch with a 5-year guarantee for the movement.
Mastery and skillfulness in combat, as well as virtue, loyalty and honor in life are the attributes of a true knight. The embodiment of these attributes was Zawisza Czarny, one of the most valued Polish knights.
Our new watch is a tribute to Zawisza, a symbol of unmovable courage and honor, undefeated in numerous tournaments, a symbol of chivalric virtues and a great diplomat.
The dial of a watch like the shield of a knight
Zawisza Czarny of Garbów, of Sulima coat of arms. The characteristic black eagle of the Sulima coat of arms is exposed in the form of a shield in the central part of the dial. By rising it slightly, we have obtained a three-dimensional character that catches the eye in contrast to the monochrome design of the dial base. Contrasting color combinations visible in the coat of arms were also used in various elements of the clothing, such as a shield, a copy or a horse’s covering. Hence, in the Zawisza model we will find a quite unusual solution for a small sub-dial and a date indicator, which will be available in two versions. The first refers to the dynamics of the knights’ struggle, who have shown craftsmanship and skillfulness while riding on their horses – hence the red triangular indicator can be found on a moving steel spiral visible on a black background, as a reference to the moving knights’ armors. The second solution is a completely minimalist version – a red triangular indicator on a black background.
Instead of the typical hands, the moving discs were put in the small sub-dial and date indicator. The scales of the sub-dial and date indicator stand out above them with a flash of black, which adds an extraordinary flavor to this dial.
The dominant shapes gracing the dial are triangles visible in markers or the sub-dial and date indicators – they refer to knight’s swords and lances. Moreover, the clash of weapons is supposed to be imitated by the line of skeletal hands, in steel color, with a triangular cut in the middle.
Delicately imprinted white minute markers ensure legibility. The manufacture logo and model name appear in the same color.
Contact with the hand, instead of an armor, is ensured by a comfortable strap of cordovan leather, which is extremely resilient and resistant to bending.
6 980 PLN
MOVEMENT / FUNCTIONS
- Swiss SW295-1 movement with small sub-dial and date indicator complication on moving discs
- Spécial (Elaboré) automatic movement with premium finish
- Ornate movement and black rotor made especially for POLPORA
- Impact-protection incabloc system, 31 jewels
- 5-year guarantee for the movement
DIAL / HANDS
- Black, half-mat dial background
- Steel, highly polished, triangular markers
- Raised Sulima coat of arms – of Zawisza Czarny
- Unusual solution for date indicator and small sub-dial complication in the form of moving discs [instead of hands]
- Skeletal hands in lance style, in steel color, revealing the dial
- Available in minimalistic version with black sub-dial discs and in special version with spiral sub-dials
- Polished and satin 316L stainless steel
- Two-phase bezel – highly polished and satin
- Case diameter without the crown: 40.5 mm
- Water resistance: 5 ATM (50m)
- Stainless steel crown signed with deeply engraved logo
BEZEL / CASE BACK
- Anti-reflective sapphire glass (case back and dial)
- Glazed case back engraved with a limitation number, satin stainless steel
- High-quality leather strap – cordovan style with an increased bending resistance
- Black in color, with anthracitic stitching
- Classic steel clasp, polished steel covered with gold-colored PVD
- Secure butterfly clasp of stainless steel
- Clasp with satin finish signed with a logotype